Step-By-Step Guide to Filling Out
Step-by-step guide to filling out the form 941
1. Sign your return. The form has a place for the employer's name, address, and EIN. If you are signing as an officer, you should sign as an officer. I've seen some employers sign as an officer and then sign as an "agent for officer". This is silly. It is all supposed to be one signature.
2. Fill out Section A. This is information about the employer.
3. Fill out Section B. This is the information about the employee.
4. Fill out Section C. This is the information about the recipient. If the recipient is an officer, then you can just list the officer's name.
5. Fill out Section D. This is the information about the wages and taxes withheld. You need to fill out lines 1 through 4. Line 1 is the total wages paid to all employees. Line 2 is the total income tax withheld from the wages of all employees.
5. Send Form.